Welcome

The Asscapades is a series of complete and utter nonsense. Well, it's a morning exercise developed by Julia Cameron in her best selling book The Artist's Way. In it, she describes a means of getting all the drivel and negativity out of yourself before your conscious and rational mind is fully awake.

I have been doing this off and on (mostly off) for the better part of a decade. However, as I go through her course once more, I've found that my morning pages have a comically chaotic nonsense to them. So seeing them take such a turn I decided I would make a blog full of my morning pages or "brain drain". These are The Asscapades.

Sunday 5 June 2016

Pt 21: Shock and Awe

Sunday June 5th, 2016
7:14 am (4 2/3 hours of sleep)

"Shock and awe" isn't what I would call Barry Manilow's music. My grandmother always did have one active imagination. "Timing could have been better" said the wizard of the clock. Bags and bags of oodles and oodles were all that was left of the shopping mall after the gas leak left everything whining and wanting more.

Taken over by a mad man, the TGIF's staff feared for their lives and paychecks. Twisted in the moment of truth I found nothing but lies come tumbling out of my face. Leaving much and more being made up and not quite enough of what comprised "truth" in this reality was said. She didn't need to know that. She didn't need to know I had discovered odd markings of aubergine and puce running, and I mean running, up and down my arm. It made it difficult to read, this constantly shifting and transient wording. In all likelihood it's a warning of this realities great enchanter. There always seems to be at least one great enchanter in any given universe.

Two for one deals leave nothing but the misery of the hunt in the minds of young men.

Newt was a very good thief. He knew what kind of trades one could get in the wars that destroyed his home. Unfortunately there wasn't much left of a after those cataclysmic years. So he reverted to taking other people's stuff. Donalingus was the worst disease one could get in his home town. Were you to catch it, you would be forced to tell the truth and make your confessions known in front of everybody. Then your kidneys would shut down. Nobody thought it was good. Nobody except The Ministry of Truth who, for a season, used it as a means of interrogation. Nowadays people in the ministry were just looking for replacements for their kidneys.

Taken for granted, Seilana found her greatest strength in life didn't come from anybody else but from herself. Whoever she thought she was, was who she presented herself to be. Nobody could make her think otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment